What I'm Doing Now
- Japanese 102 is well under way! It will be another great semester teaching Japanese at Hunter College as well as The New School, not to mention being a Speech Consultant at Baruch College. I am looking forward to moving forward beyond the spring semester and am happy to be working with Student Diplomacy Corps again this summer, and then moving out of New York.
- Speaking of SDC, I am currently working on a funraiser to help sponsor high school students on inspirational, experiential travel over the summer. If you have a moment, please take a look: https://www.razoo.com/story/Wvt0hf
- Currently I am working on building my online resources for Japanese 102, as well as my lessons for the semester. Please contact me if you know of any online databases with Japanese practice problems! I use the textbook Genki 1, however the grammar is standard and widely used. I'd love to collaborate! This semester I am continuing to experiment with tools like quizlet live which has been great, integrating children's tales into the curriculum for more authentic contextualized Japanese, and also teaching with Japanese music. Let's see how it goes!
- I'm excited to continue my journey reading The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King. I'm midway thorough the fifth book, Wolves of the Calla this month. This is definitely not a disappointment. Only two books left! What will I do when it ends!
- New York Taiko Aikokai is busy with our spring concerts! We just had a great performance in Washington DC at Sakura Matsuri, and we have a ton more performances coming up.
- I am excited to be part of a panel discussion this week on Online Teaching. I have been teaching Japanese online with The New School for two semesters now, and have gained a lot of experience. Check out the poster HERE and RSVP to come!
Updated April 2017
This page was inspired by Derek Sivers. Check out nownownow.com