What I'm Doing Now
- I started my new job as a lecturer at Kinjo Gakuin University in Nagoya, Japan this past April. I am very excited to have this opportunity, and am working on my 4 classes this semester: Pedagogical English Grammar, Communication F, Communication G, and Cross-cultural Analysis. It is always a lot of work to make classes from scratch, but the students are fun and I am finally acclimating.
- I just finished my first research paper this May and submitted it for publishing! The title is rather long, "The Effect of a Mobile Classroom on Student Motivation and Confidence in Second Language Learning on Peace Boat." Please let me know if you are interested!
- I just finished a 104 voyage around the world on Peace Boat on November 24! It was truly a unique experience where I got to see 22 different ports in 19 countries, learn from guest speakers on board, and meet some truly unique people on board. Great experience, though I still have a lot of processing to do.
- From December 28 to January 5, I joined Peace Boat again on their 2017/2018 New Years Cruise! to Taiwan and Okinawa. It was a different experience being the only non-Japanese staff, but it was a lot of fun and chance to see a different side of the Peace Boat, this time more from the staff side instead of a volunteer.
- Finally finished reading Ringworld, and found out the secret of the engineers. It was a fascinating world to enter, and makes me think about what mysteries await us out in space.
Updated May 2018
This page was inspired by Derek Sivers. Check out nownownow.com